Friday, April 22, 2005

How she was born

My parents are in town. On the way home from dinner and swimming, Anna had this conversation with us:
"I don't like Frosted Mini Wheats."
"Oh really, Anna. Why not?"
"I used to like Frosted Mini Wheats but now I don't like Frosted Mini Wheats."
"Okay," I said.

For some reason, I said, "Anna, do you like Norman, Oklahoma? You have only lived here you know."
"What dad?"
"You were born here in Norman, Anna. Do you like it?"
"Dad, I decided to come out of mommy's tummy."
"That's right. Why did you come out?"
"I hopped out."
"Hopped out."
"Like a bunny."
"Was it dark in the there?"
"No, it wasn't."
"Why did you decide to hop out?"
"Russ was there and he said, 'Come out, come out,' so I did. Then I went back in."

(We have some work to do still, it appears).

2 comments:

courtney jewett said...

for some reason, I thought that the title of this blog was, "how she was made," or something like that...Although a bit disappointed that it was birth according to Anna, and not something else according to Anna, it's still a good story...
I didn't know that Russ was in the delivery room as the baby coach. Where was he when my wife was in extended labor with Whit?
Thanks a lot, Russ

corbs said...

i'm surprised that she didn't say that she called me on the phone and then didn't say anything like she normally does.